By Geoffrey Woodward,Nicholas Fellows
Give your scholars the simplest probability of luck with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview specifications of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every appropriate specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for a number of classes including:
- OCR: uprising and affliction lower than the Tudors 1485-1603
Read or Download Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
Protecting either formal and casual schooling, this quantity examines Renaissance schooling in England and Italy, set in the suitable social, political and historic context.
This new reference e-book describes each point the English military within the moment half the 17th century, from the time while the Fleet Royal was once taken into Parliamentary keep watch over after the defeat of Charles I, till the accession of William and Mary in 1689 while the lengthy interval of conflict with the Dutch got here to an finish.
A dynasty of excessive skill and nice allure, the Stuarts exerted a compelling fascination over their supporters and enemies alike. First released in 1991, this name assesses the impression of the Stuart mystique at the sleek political and cultural identification of Scotland. Murray Pittock lines the Stuart fantasy from the times of Charles I to the fashionable Scottish nationwide celebration, and discusses either professional- and anti-Union propaganda.
For the British Empire it used to be an army catastrophe, yet for Imperial Japan the conquest of Malaya was once one of many pivotal campaigns of worldwide warfare II. Giving start to the parable of the Imperial jap Army's invincibility, the victory left either Burma and India open to invasion. even supposing seriously outnumbered, the japanese military fought fiercely to beat the inept and shambolic defence provided through the British and Commonwealth forces.
- Fighting the Kaiser's War: The Saxons in Flanders 1914-1918
- Charles I and the Aristocracy, 1625–1642
- Noblewomen, aristocracy and power in the twelfth-century Anglo-Norman realm (Gender in History MUP)
- The Nonprofit Sector: A Research Handbook, Second Edition
- We March Against England: Operation Sea Lion, 1940–41
Additional resources for Access to History: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 for OCR Second Edition