By Alexia Grosjean,Steve Murdoch
Read Online or Download Alexander Leslie and the Scottish Generals of the Thirty Years' War, 1618–1648 (Warfare, Society and Culture) PDF
Similar uk history books
Protecting either formal and casual schooling, this quantity examines Renaissance schooling in England and Italy, set in the correct social, political and ancient context.
This new reference publication describes each point the English military within the moment half the 17th century, from the time whilst the Fleet Royal used to be taken into Parliamentary keep watch over after the defeat of Charles I, till the accession of William and Mary in 1689 while the lengthy interval of conflict with the Dutch got here to an finish.
A dynasty of excessive skill and nice appeal, the Stuarts exerted a compelling fascination over their supporters and enemies alike. First released in 1991, this name assesses the impact of the Stuart mystique at the smooth political and cultural id of Scotland. Murray Pittock strains the Stuart delusion from the times of Charles I to the trendy Scottish nationwide celebration, and discusses either professional- and anti-Union propaganda.
For the British Empire it was once an army catastrophe, yet for Imperial Japan the conquest of Malaya was once one of many pivotal campaigns of global conflict II. Giving beginning to the parable of the Imperial eastern Army's invincibility, the victory left either Burma and India open to invasion. even if seriously outnumbered, the japanese military fought fiercely to beat the inept and shambolic defence provided by means of the British and Commonwealth forces.
- Britain and Interwar Danubian Europe: Foreign Policy and Security Challenges, 1919-1936
- Wakefield Then & Now: Extraordinary Tales from the Merrie City
- Citizen Soldiers: The Liverpool Territorials in the First World War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- An ABC of Queen Victoria's Empire: Or a Primer of Conquest, Dissent and Disruption
- Holocaust Consciousness in Contemporary Britain (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
Additional resources for Alexander Leslie and the Scottish Generals of the Thirty Years' War, 1618–1648 (Warfare, Society and Culture)