By David Ferriby,Angela Anderson,Tony Imperato
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and realizing in their AQA breadth learn via specialist narrative, revolutionary abilities improvement and bespoke essays from top historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' knowing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the main strategies of swap, continuity, reason and outcome, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they develop in the course of the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing through offering transparent counsel and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative talents and curiosity in historical past via prolonged analyzing possibilities inclusive of especially commissioned essays from practicing historians on proper debates
- Cements realizing of the large matters underpinning the interval with overviews of the major questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
The Tudors: England 1485-1603
A revised version of Access to background: An advent to Tudor England 1485-1603, this name explores the consolidation of the Tudor Dynasty lower than Henry VII and Henry VIII, the years of instability and non secular turmoil within the mid-Tudor interval and the interval of relative balance in the course of Elizabeth I's reign. It considers breadth problems with switch, continuity, reason and outcome during this interval via studying key questions about issues similar to strength, faith, competition, kin with overseas powers and the effect of key individuals.
Read or Download AQA A-level History: The Tudors: England 1485-1603 (AQA A Level History) PDF
Similar uk history books
Masking either formal and casual schooling, this quantity examines Renaissance schooling in England and Italy, set in the suitable social, political and old context.
This new reference e-book describes each point the English army within the moment 1/2 the 17th century, from the time while the Fleet Royal used to be taken into Parliamentary keep watch over after the defeat of Charles I, till the accession of William and Mary in 1689 while the lengthy interval of conflict with the Dutch got here to an finish.
A dynasty of excessive skill and nice appeal, the Stuarts exerted a compelling fascination over their supporters and enemies alike. First released in 1991, this identify assesses the impression of the Stuart mystique at the smooth political and cultural identification of Scotland. Murray Pittock lines the Stuart delusion from the times of Charles I to the fashionable Scottish nationwide social gathering, and discusses either seasoned- and anti-Union propaganda.
For the British Empire it was once an army catastrophe, yet for Imperial Japan the conquest of Malaya was once one of many pivotal campaigns of worldwide struggle II. Giving start to the parable of the Imperial jap Army's invincibility, the victory left either Burma and India open to invasion. even if seriously outnumbered, the japanese military fought fiercely to beat the inept and shambolic defence provided by way of the British and Commonwealth forces.
- British Political Facts
- Kohima: The Furthest Battle
- Arms, Economics and British Strategy: From Dreadnoughts to Hydrogen Bombs (Cambridge Military Histories)
- Henry V: The Conscience of a King
Additional info for AQA A-level History: The Tudors: England 1485-1603 (AQA A Level History)